Start here for the best start to your horse riding journey with valuable educational resources especially for beginners. A guided pathway for success.
CLINIC GROUP DEVELOPMENT SESSION – HORSEMANSHIP & RIDING SKILLS
1-6 PARTICIPANTS • TEENS AND ADULTS • 4 HRS • HORSE CARE, HANDLING CONFIDENCE AND RIDING BALANCE
- Rider (Ages 13+) Ages 13+
Recommended learning program to support your learning as a complete beginner see Essential Starter Program.
Do you want to enjoy working with horses? This class is the perfect way to build good horsemanship skills, confidence and strength in riding development.
With owner and head coach Debbie Burgermeister, sharing over 40 years of knowledge! EA Level 1 Coach, CertIII Sports Coach, CertIV Trainer and Assessor.
What creates a great relationship with a horse? Is it your connection to your horse or your skills in the saddle?
BALANCE is the key ingredient to enjoy your ride physically and mentally.
Are you hurting your horse when you ride? Do you feel like the horse is not doing anything you want?
This is because beginner riders are giving many mixed signals for the horse, pulling on their mouth and bouncing on their back for balance.
Develop a healthy and trusting relationship with your horse using communication cues your horse understands and accepts.
CLINICS – Learn how to communicate with horses and feel in control through horse handling skills and balanced riding techniques.
Focused on connecting with horses on the ground and in the saddle, the clinic includes:
- INTRO TO HORSE HANDLING/RIDING PREPARATION: How to approach them, catching, leading, tie-up knots, grooming, and learning all about horse care and handling. Become competent in riding preparation tack up with saddle and bridle.
- HORSE CONNECTION GROUND HANDLING: Through body language and communication techniques to establish join up with a horse, moving the horse around to feel in control, horse behaviour techniques through lunging and liberty work.
- HORSE CONNECTION RIDING: With bareback pads, we transfer the ground handling techniques to horseback through balance exercises and communication skills that prepare you if you want to learn horse riding or just be a better rider. We use the Equicizer mechanical horse to achieve good balanced riding skills on Belle and Cascade. Riding strength and fitness to speed up the learning process and greatly improve the experience for horse and rider.
- HORSE OWNERSHIP KNOWLEDGE: Including a handy cheat sheet summaries book to help you prepare and understand what is involved with owning a horse or going out and buying your first horse. First aid treatments, hoof care, drenching, feeding, supplements, bandaging, horse and saddlery gear and so much more.
More about your experience
Your fully stacked coach can provide you with balanced riding techniques, English and Western-style riding disciplines, introduction to racing, polocrosse and horse archery.
- Feel the freedom of horses with equine energy – a day of horse power customised for you, aimed with positive outcomes!
- Get horse interactive and have a great value horse experience.
- Whatever you need, this will have you walking away with empowerment, time out to unwind, leadership and understanding your personality, care & responsibility, and body language communication for success.
The best introduction to horses if you are just starting out with the very basics in bonding with your horse and balanced riding to have you trotting away with confidence.
Beautiful countryside, feeling safe in a lovely horse arena and knowing you are discovering things about yourself and becoming one with your horse.
Boost your confidence in yourself and your abilities while having fun! Develop your skills in coordination, concentration, improve your general wellbeing, and provide an exhilarating feeling of freedom!
Don’t be a dummy on a horse trail ride playing follow the leader and not knowing what to do to handle your horse safely: Stay in control and learn all the basics you need to have fun with horses!
Completely personalised, up close, and hands-on with horses….great value as you have the place all to yourself with your group. (teens and adult groups)
What’s so great about learning with Bonogin Valley Horse Retreat and Debbie Burgermeister?
- Exposure to nearly every horse sport over 40 years in English and Western equine disciplines.
- Loves coaching and a great teacher, owning her riding school since 2006.
- Very patient with the ability to adapt to many personality types.
- High technique focus for accelerated development.
- Owns wonderful horses to teach you and has access to other highly experienced specialised coaches.
- The unique horse sports of Polocrosse and Horse Archery
- Working with teens and adults that are looking for a new challenge
- Helping people find purpose when life is busy, stressful, kids left home, after retirement, etc.
- Sharing the amazing feeling of freedom with horses
- Help horse lovers, horse owners, and equine businesses avoid horse mistakes to have a safer horse education journey
This activity is held at Bonogin Valley Horse Retreat
Click here to view the map